#1 supagokuman2

supagokuman2

Fresh Meat

• Real Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:ZAMBIES!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

So, what if, we were able to use Walkie-Talkies (WT) like flashlights?

T would be the Walkie-Talkie button. Like a flashlight, if you press T with a one handed weapon, then dual wield, and if pressed with a 2-handed weapon, switch to it.

When you have it equipped, now you will talk to anyone else who has a WT no matter how far they are.
As a neat addition, when you hold the Voice Chat button, you could show a little animation of holding the talk button on the WT.

I know this would take animating and having resources (Which there aren't), but I just wanted to toss this out for when it is possible.

#2 Riley

Riley

Ditz

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts
  • Interests:d10s

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

So, what if, we were able to use Walkie-Talkies (WT) like flashlights?

T would be the Walkie-Talkie button. Like a flashlight, if you press T with a one handed weapon, then dual wield, and if pressed with a 2-handed weapon, switch to it.

When you have it equipped, now you will talk to anyone else who has a WT no matter how far they are.
As a neat addition, when you hold the Voice Chat button, you could show a little animation of holding the talk button on the WT.

I know this would take animating and having resources (Which there aren't), but I just wanted to toss this out for when it is possible.

Posted Image

We did this back in 2004/2005 (when Coleman and 3pidemic were around and Maxx still had a full beard and blue hair) and tried it again in 2009, the problem with it was that no one bothered to switch to their walkie talkie. Everyone picked it up but didn't want to be constrained to one item to simply talk.

Eventually we switched it from that to the passively active walkie talkie that's in the game today,

#3 supagokuman2

supagokuman2

Fresh Meat

• Real Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:ZAMBIES!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

Well I didn't mean switch to it, I meant being able to dual wield, like the flashlight. It would add a lot of realism and challenge to the game, which is what NMRiH is :lol:

#4 drako125

drako125

Fresh Meat

• Real Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

So you actually DO use it?

#5 dark_st3alth

dark_st3alth

Tester

• Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

So you actually DO use it?

You pick it up, and then grants you the ablility to talk long distances. That's it. No buttons/keys/clicks on your part.

Reading pages here might help: http://www.nomoreroo....com/wiki/Items

"NMRiH isn't meant to be easy. It's meant to be an unforgiving punch to the dick." - Maxx
"Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
"To find out what one is fitted to do, and to secure an opportunity to do it, is the key to happiness." - John Dewey
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce
"Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction." - Anne Frank

#6 Abilities

Abilities

I like to build shit

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:MF

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Well I didn't mean switch to it, I meant being able to dual wield, like the flashlight. It would add a lot of realism and challenge to the game, which is what NMRiH is laugh.gif

Personally, If i picked up a walkie talkie I'd stick it in my pocket or use the clip to attatch to my belt or something. The problem I see with it being-- who is going to want to replace the flashlight with a useless just for looks walkie talkie to talk to people they don't want to in the first place? seeing an ACRE type of system (for those who've played Arma) but obviously way simplified, would be awesome.

Also, would you really run around holding your radio like that? shoving zombies, etc. with your only form of communication? I thought it would be cool to assign a button, to have what you're saying appear on the screen. But realistically, players don't really grab the radio as is, and those that are far away from teammates are usually by choice so they don't care to talk to the others.

If there was more incentive to have a radio, like by having one-- you can get a heads up of when national guard is coming in advance or some sort of dynamic bonus by having one you can sometimes get something from it

#7 dark_st3alth

dark_st3alth

Tester

• Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

If there was more incentive to have a radio, like by having one-- you can get a heads up of when national guard is coming in advance or some sort of dynamic bonus by having one you can sometimes get something from it

Yea the team needs to focus on multifunction weapons sometime. I feel (probably along with many others) that having an item that serves more then a single purpose, to be more realistic and show a greater level of professionalism. Just look at the classic fire extinguisher.

"NMRiH isn't meant to be easy. It's meant to be an unforgiving punch to the dick." - Maxx
"Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
"To find out what one is fitted to do, and to secure an opportunity to do it, is the key to happiness." - John Dewey
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce
"Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction." - Anne Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users