3 replies to this topic

#1 The Ed

The Ed

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:01 AM

Ok, I just started trying mapping for NMRiH today, but I can't get souceSDK to find the gameinfo.txt file, I have the game config and everything ready I checked everything about 8 times to make sure, but every time I go to start hammer, this is what it tells me.

Setup file "gameinfo.txt" doesn't exist in subdirectory "C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\nmrih".
Check your -game parameter or VCONFIG setting.

I checked my game configfile.txt and the directory is a perfect match.
I would really appreciate if someone could help me out.
Dead from the neck up.

#2 Dissident

Dissident

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:t

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:22 AM

Have you launched NMRiH recently?

Edit: If you haven't already, try manually showing Hammer where the gameinfo.txt is. Start Source SDK and open Hammer, then go to Tools -> Options at the top and look at the bottom of the window that pops up and try to manually browse to the folder with the gameinfo in it.

If, in the event that something went wrong somewhere, there's something wrong with the gameinfo.txt, this is what it should look like:
Spoiler

#3 etrius0023

etrius0023

Depressed

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

Ok, I just started trying mapping for NMRiH today, but I can't get souceSDK to find the gameinfo.txt file, I have the game config and everything ready I checked everything about 8 times to make sure, but every time I go to start hammer, this is what it tells me.

Setup file "gameinfo.txt" doesn't exist in subdirectory "C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\nmrih".
Check your -game parameter or VCONFIG setting.

I checked my game configfile.txt and the directory is a perfect match.
I would really appreciate if someone could help me out.

I think this will help : http://www.nomoreroo...?showtopic=6482 :)

Spoiler

#4 The Ed

The Ed

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Actually I found out the problem, I guess the gameinfo.txt was corrupted or something. I just replaced it with a new one and it worked just fine. Thank you for trying to help though :)
Dead from the neck up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users