Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

34obzut.jpg

#2 The Reverend

The Reverend

NMRiH's Bad Joke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

Is it just me, or do the graphics look worse than the first one?

Can't anybody make anything original? All I see are sequels this year.

#3 Shicken

Shicken

Decaying

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • Interests:I Love a Rainy Night

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

Is it just me, or do the graphics look worse than the first one?

I seriously thought that it had turned cel shaded at times.

Overall I thought this was disappointing when compared to the original. There wasn't enough new things to keep me interested and I didn't have as much fun just killing everything like the first one.

"Stepped on something soft and wobbly, Struck a match, found it was a dead Chinaman."

#4 RoboTyphoon

RoboTyphoon

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

All I see are sequels this year.

You say it like that's a bad thing B)

#5 The Reverend

The Reverend

NMRiH's Bad Joke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:26 AM

Unless it is Ep.3 it is bad.

#6 Sick_Joe

Sick_Joe

Concept Artist

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:06 AM

pretty sure by this point ep. 3 is gonna be hl3 it's taking so long i've completely forgotten the entire story.
Posted Image

no...i'm not trying to poison you.

#7 Paladin

Paladin

Games Tester

• Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

pretty sure by this point ep. 3 is gonna be hl3 it's taking so long i've completely forgotten the entire story.

I would say Valve working on Portal 2 and Dota 2 would be the cause of the delay and CS:GO looks likely to be released before it.

34obzut.jpg

#8 Sick_Joe

Sick_Joe

Concept Artist

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

i take it when you say "valve" you mean the small separate groups that made these games that they assimilated into themselves? i could just be talking out of my ass though. i dunno how valve is setup it just seems like there are a myriad of small groups that made games that valve then acquired (groups included)...so shouldn't these bought separate groups each work on their own various projects with some staff padding provided by valve leaving the original core of valve to continue it's work on half life? like i said i have no idea how they run shit it's just the impression i get.
Posted Image

#9 Paladin

Paladin

Games Tester

• Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

I don't know if there is a myriad of small groups working on games or if Valve works collectively as a whole but regarding the setup of Valve, the only games that Valve hasn't completely developed by just themselves (not counting the mods and L4D which got Valve's assistance) were the HL expansions (Gearbox was just a start up company at the time and needed the work), CS:CZ (that game passed through 3 developers before landing on Turtle Rock Studios), and CS:S (Turtle Rock assisted with the bot AI and some maps) but Valve did develop DoD:S/TFC/TF2/L4D2/Portal/Portal 2 and Dota 2 in-house.

34obzut.jpg

#10 Sick_Joe

Sick_Joe

Concept Artist

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:03 AM

i'm sayin portal was derived from a group outside of valve, same with counter strike and dota etc etc. they developed it in conjunction with the originators of those mods/games after they procured those people and their material. at least that's what it sounds like. so if they acquired groups of people to continue to make their games under the name of valve wouldn't they have multiple small teams workin on each project? know what i mean?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users