#1 Goliath Vietnam

Goliath Vietnam

Fresh Meat

• Real Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

OK , i will go straight into some fresh idea for this game
1/ Cant creat a simple host like L4D2 , depend on dedicated server may too laggy
I think developer team need fix this to allow player can play more easy with low ping
2/ Aim down sight : too bad , i think its sniper zoom scope , not a rifle scope
You need lower zoom rate on this assault rifle , and make sniper rifle 4x scope
3/Action : I know this is a game about realistic zombie appocalypse , but i think :
- You cant check ammo type in real life by " Press and Hold realod button :D" , you guys need to add some action like player will remove ammo clip , and count bullet for about 5 sec , then lock and load !!
- Zombie have 2 type : " Fast, hungry" and " Normal,weak " .You guys need to add some infected biohazard special zombie like L4D game series
- Ammo , Resource : Limit player ammo an other stuff is a very good idea , but ammo from Supply Drop are too low . Kmon, a big air-drop package like that can provide at least 500 bullet "all type"
- Melee : In real life , when you hit some one , that guy must be stunned and take a few steps backward .Do the same thing with zombie , melee will stun them a bit. I know , press V to shove zombie already , but in reall ife, do you dare to "shove" a infected people ?? Its too risky to do that with your bare hand , you can get a bite from zombie . Developer need to change this by fix Survivor can only shove Zombie with melee
-Player numbers : Its a coop game right ?? So why we cant play in a server with max 16 players?? Or even more ... Very fun !!!
-Enviroment: this is a HL2 mod, so why we cant use object to block zombie ??? And even can throw some heavy object at them :D
- Zombie animation : my friend say this game doesnt make him to scare a bit , because zombie look so dumb . Developer team need to add more animation for zombie , like when they chase player different when they not spot any sight of the living , scream sound , whisper from zombie

Thats it , i think its enough for me . But me and my friend need to figure out more reason ....
Because ... I must tell developer team the truth that many gamers say this game is boring , cant creat a lobby or a room to play with friends in simple way , they play and they want to sleep :D me too!!
If you guys want to go far with this mod , do as i say ... No offense , but if you not do something , this mod will like ZombiePanic : Source >>> player dont want to play anymore ( Tf2 , you know !!)

#2 FPM

FPM

(Fault-Prone Module)

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

Sorry, answer is no guy. It's a survival-horror game you want action/tactical? Wait for Contagion game. This mod should never have action or become like L4D, ZPS gets borin' real fast we like it just the way it is.

#3 RoboTyphoon

RoboTyphoon

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

The only thing I don't get is after I clear out an area, zombies just keep spawning... dafuq? I don't know if it's meant to be that way, but if you're playing by yourself and the zombies keep coming I find it extremely hard to progress. The game isn't boring at all, I just think it was meant to be played with other people :lol:

#4 sotapoika

sotapoika

Level Designer/Moderator

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,407 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

Your text is like it's coming from 13-year old. Alot of your points are covered if you just were familiar a little bit with our goals we have for NMRiH. TF2 and NMRiH are two totally different games, so reason for that kind of game-change is probably because NMRiH is more slower paced.

Posted Image

- When there is No More Room In Hell, go find your place somewhere else. -

#5 dieger

dieger

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:games,religion, murder,genocide,cats,etc.

the standard

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

I WANT............DECAPITATION ANIMATIONS!!!

If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.

-The Duchess

http://www.kickstart...the-painful-rpg

kickstart dis shit

#6 dieger

dieger

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

the standard

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Your text is like it's coming from 13-year old. Alot of your points are covered if you just were familiar a little bit with our goals we have for NMRiH. TF2 and NMRiH are two totally different games, so reason for that kind of game-change is probably because NMRiH is more slower paced.

true i dont want NMRIH to become a L4d clone i like its slow pace all it needs is some moredeticated servers (do you know where we can purchase em?),maps,and some tweaking to the lag when you melee a zombie maybe its intentional either way it feels weird im not saying make it like L4d2 melee system just make it a lil more smoother flowing also some new weapons would be great! maces,katanas, and my personal fav FIRE AXE!!!!

Edited by dieger, 23 April 2012 - 01:20 PM.

If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.

-The Duchess

kickstart dis shit

#7 Trotskygrad

Trotskygrad

Zombie

• Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

I would typically just say gtfo

as for

#1: learn to port forward and host your own listen server, derp.

#2: actual ACOG has 4x zoom. We're going for realism. GTFO

#3: special infected? bitch plz

500 bullets from a supply drop? lmao. Only if that supply drop was ammunition only. If you look inside a lot of space is for food, etc.

true i dont want NMRIH to become a L4d clone i like its slow pace all it needs is some moredeticated servers (do you know where we can purchase em?),maps,and some tweaking to the lag when you melee a zombie maybe its intentional either way it feels weird im not saying make it like L4d2 melee system just make it a lil more smoother flowing also some new weapons would be great! maces,katanas, and my personal fav FIRE AXE!!!!

no mace or katana please. How many people do you know who have a mace or katana? almost none

fire axe is in game, maybe you should play more instead of posting.

#8 dieger

dieger

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

the standard

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

I would typically just say gtfo

as for

#1: learn to port forward and host your own listen server, derp.

#2: actual ACOG has 4x zoom. We're going for realism. GTFO

#3: special infected? bitch plz

500 bullets from a supply drop? lmao. Only if that supply drop was ammunition only. If you look inside a lot of space is for food, etc.

no mace or katana please. How many people do you know who have a mace or katana? almost none

fire axe is in game, maybe you should play more instead of posting.

the katana would be cool maybe if they added a japanese guy :D although yeah it would be a lil unrealistic but just some ideas also yeah alot of people collect maces and swords and hang em on their wall and yeah the fire axe is a fail by me i was think of a wood cutter axe from skyrim XD dat brown handle!

-The Duchess

kickstart dis shit

#9 Trotskygrad

Trotskygrad

Zombie

• Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

the katana would be cool maybe if they added a japanese guy :D although yeah it would be a lil unrealistic but just some ideas also yeah alot of people collect maces and swords and hang em on their wall and yeah the fire axe is a fail by me i was think of a wood cutter axe from skyrim XD dat brown handle!

right, but those collectors are far and few between. That's like saying we should have a pre-ban civilian owned automatic weapons "because some people collect them". That's like saying we should have Berdan rifles "because some people collect them". As for a woodcutting axe, we could just reskin the fire axe. Learn to do that yourself instead of begging the mod to do it for you.

#10 Riley

Riley

Ditz

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,782 posts
  • Interests:d10s

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

OK , i will go straight into some fresh idea for this game
1/ Cant creat a simple host like L4D2 , depend on dedicated server may too laggy
I think developer team need fix this to allow player can play more easy with low ping

Here's a link on how to create a local server, courtesy from Valve

It'd be nice to have a matchmaking/lobby system similar to L4D's system though. As for the lag on the dedicated servers, we're doing what we can to alleviate it but in the end you must realize that NMRiH is way more network intensive than the other mods/games out there (TF2 doesn't have to deal with dozens of active npcs at once)

2/ Aim down sight : too bad , i think its sniper zoom scope , not a rifle scope
You need lower zoom rate on this assault rifle , and make sniper rifle 4x scope

Rifle scopes can go all the way up to 6X magnification, that includes the M16A4 ACOG scope

3/Action : I know this is a game about realistic zombie appocalypse , but i think :
- You cant check ammo type in real life by " Press and Hold realod button :D" , you guys need to add some action like player will remove ammo clip , and count bullet for about 5 sec , then lock and load !!

People already complain that our ammo check animations are too slow, plus if you were being shot at or being chased by a gang of murderers in real life you wouldn't stop and check every single individual bullet in your gun :P

- Zombie have 2 type : " Fast, hungry" and " Normal,weak " .You guys need to add some infected biohazard special zombie like L4D game series

We aren't making special RE/L4D like enemies, we're sticking to the Dawn of the Dead 1978/2004 style of zombies

- Ammo , Resource : Limit player ammo an other stuff is a very good idea , but ammo from Supply Drop are too low . Kmon, a big air-drop package like that can provide at least 500 bullet "all type"

The US Military is retreating and running out of resources; it's dividing what little ammo it can spare to the several dozen survivor outposts (you're part of one of them) + the supply crate has other stuff in it (Canadian Beer, etc.)

- Melee : In real life , when you hit some one , that guy must be stunned and take a few steps backward .Do the same thing with zombie , melee will stun them a bit. I know , press V to shove zombie already , but in reall ife, do you dare to "shove" a infected people ?? Its too risky to do that with your bare hand , you can get a bite from zombie . Developer need to change this by fix Survivor can only shove Zombie with melee

Zombies aren't in real life, so they fall to whatever logic we have for them in our game. We are thinking of ways to improve the combat aspect of our game though. However, we aren't removing the shove mechanic from the fists, if we do that it amounts to suicide + in a desperate situation wouldn't you want to shove a zombie back if it boiled down to life or death? It's risky but you have a chance at living, would you just resign yourself to get eaten because you thought that it 'was too risky'?

-Player numbers : Its a coop game right ?? So why we cant play in a server with max 16 players?? Or even more ... Very fun !!!

It's locked at 8 players for performance and gameplay reasons; Any more than 8 and then the game becomes unstable and more likely to crash/freeze

-Enviroment: this is a HL2 mod, so why we cant use object to block zombie ??? And even can throw some heavy object at them :D

Physics + multiplayer = lots of lag and instability, that's why you don't see that sort of stuff in most multiplayer games, even in Valve's games (and if they do have it, it's annoying)

- Zombie animation : my friend say this game doesnt make him to scare a bit , because zombie look so dumb . Developer team need to add more animation for zombie , like when they chase player different when they not spot any sight of the living , scream sound , whisper from zombie

Give us another animator, otherwise please remember the fact that we aren't a multi million dollar game studio. We're just a bunch of hobbyists doing this in our freetime, powered solely by lots of soda and weed

Thats it , i think its enough for me . But me and my friend need to figure out more reason ....
Because ... I must tell developer team the truth that many gamers say this game is boring , cant creat a lobby or a room to play with friends in simple way , they play and they want to sleep :D me too!!
If you guys want to go far with this mod , do as i say ... No offense , but if you not do something , this mod will like ZombiePanic : Source >>> player dont want to play anymore ( Tf2 , you know !!)

We're fully aware that this mod doesn't attract as much people as it possibly could at its current state, they can check back once the mod is further in line on development since after all, it's still in a beta

#11 dieger

dieger

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

the standard

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

right, but those collectors are far and few between. That's like saying we should have a pre-ban civilian owned automatic weapons "because some people collect them". That's like saying we should have Berdan rifles "because some people collect them". As for a woodcutting axe, we could just reskin the fire axe. Learn to do that yourself instead of begging the mod to do it for you.

begging? i was just posting some ideas........why are you so hostile?

-The Duchess

kickstart dis shit

#12 RoboTyphoon

RoboTyphoon

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

why are you so hostile?

He's a little crabby because he doesn't know how to use a shotgun :lol:

#13 Joe

Joe

NMRIH's Mappers Inspiration

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:34 AM

I guess ragdoll is the only primary for the Source engine's being, cuz reading that makes me think: MAN, THE NEXT HALF LIFE BETTER JUST BE a MEGA update for the original source engine to help things run better for less... cuz... because of No More Room left in Hell, we pulled this mod through on such an engine! All the little things that account to every passion that we have!

Dude, we need more mappers... or mapping... OMG, guys, I FEEL AS THOUGH ANY NEW MAPPERS ESPECIALLY LIKE MYSELF... NEED SOME KIND OF DRUG SO THAT THE apprehending of the hardships of mapping would leave and we could just freaking try without whining. I MEAN... THAT'S WHY SOME PEOPLE TAKE DRUGS, YOU KNOW. So they can have something NOW, when really: We are depleted... that DOES NOT MEAN WE CAN'T without drugs... Maybe we can better with more sleep, napping... food... water... idk... sex? But you know what? My sex drive pwns my libido now by MAYBE LITERALLY 50x.

As in: They can only put in so much before it gets too laggy for people to play.

You are better off discussing new ideas that will work... or contributing things to NMRiH..

Hello mind-readers, (... besides, what's does the worst a reject who says "fuck the world," do besides cigarettes or weed?)

Oh, I still think about those years many ago when I was conjured into beating a black kid's head with an airsoft gun and a fist. I mentioned about Andre recently and soon had an abrupt call from a man named Andre. It's such a shame they had me arrested b/c they wanted me to like that, because I was very focused on important goals that did not involve kids. Because I was surely focused on something... I surely wanted, the arrest did nearly nothing, and it's not of my decision, but of their faults for the truth: I am ready to do the same shit again or worse. Good job, "good guys!" ;) Git shot and don't approach my direction on the compass at all! Don't bleed dead and be on my news, smart-arse adults! ;) GOD, I love THAT truth. BE killed and it's okay. YES indeed. OH... OH I nthe church, I may ever come! OH.... My heart is SOILED!

You guys are fucking Conquistadors on Aztecs. Don't ever be Christian looking up to the Christian Conquistadors, or else you profess the idea of supporting Imperialism(WAR) like your Alexander the Great! As an American of free speech and lawfully abidance, I can oppose thee in however way I want. If you are no friend to me, but competition to work differently, using me as notorious amongst the many of solitude, you are only conspiring maliciousness; either eventual affliction, or what is truly creating a malicious person. So let's have the deputy dog tell me, "if you want to do wrong, that's your choice." To conjure someone to make a choice, is basically using magic upon them; essentially playing puppeteer. What does that make you?

#14 Agatsu

Agatsu

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

There's a beautiful battle-ready katana at the dojo I practice in, not too far from here.

Agatsu sounds like he almost knows what he's talking about.

#15 Trotskygrad

Trotskygrad

Zombie

• Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

begging? i was just posting some ideas........why are you so hostile?

sorry but talking about how a weapon that's only difference is a "wood handle" sorta gets me pissed.

plus I don't want this to become Killing Floor: Source.

He's a little crabby because he doesn't know how to use a shotgun :lol:

for a game that's trying to go for somewhat realistic gameplay, the shotgun spread is way too large

I know how to use it, you use it the same way as the SKS except you left click instead of bashing

#16 The Reverend

The Reverend

NMRiH's Bad Joke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

I know how to use it, you use it the same way as the SKS except you left click instead of bashing

I think he meant a REAL shotgun. But then again, I'm a bad joke.

#17 RoboTyphoon

RoboTyphoon

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

I think he meant a REAL shotgun. But then again, I'm a bad joke.

Well, I was actually referring to his thread complaining about the shotguns spread, but hell put a 12 gauge in his hands it would probably knock him off his feet :lol: But no, honestly it seems like you're shooting bird shot at the zombies, unless you're close enough to poke them, the zombie isn't gonna die with one shot, let alone I think you should be able to penetrate zombies; it's rotting flesh.

#18 etrius0023

etrius0023

Depressed

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:41 AM

Nah I'd say more like 5 yrs old.
I mean I'm 14 and it's offensive to be compared to this guy :mellow:

Edit:

People already complain that our ammo check animations are too slow, plus if you were being shot at or being chased by a gang of murderers in real life you wouldn't stop and check every single individual bullet in your gun :P

Wouldn't it be more realistic if when you checked a guns ammo (I'll use the m14 for this example) that it would be like "you have in between 10-20 bullets" or "you have in between 20-30 bullets".

Spoiler

#19 Trotskygrad

Trotskygrad

Zombie

• Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

Well, I was actually referring to his thread complaining about the shotguns spread, but hell put a 12 gauge in his hands it would probably knock him off his feet :lol: But no, honestly it seems like you're shooting bird shot at the zombies, unless you're close enough to poke them, the zombie isn't gonna die with one shot, let alone I think you should be able to penetrate zombies; it's rotting flesh.

wat.

I've shot 12ga, 20ga, and .410 shotguns with slug, buck, home defense and target loads. Target I can shoot all day. Slugs? more than 10 at a time is bad for you.

and yes those reasons are exactly the reasons why I think shotgun spread should be reduced.

Wouldn't it be more realistic if when you checked a guns ammo (I'll use the m14 for this example) that it would be like "you have in between 10-20 bullets" or "you have in between 20-30 bullets".

ro style "this mag is heavy", "this mag is light" have been suggested before.

#20 The Reverend

The Reverend

NMRiH's Bad Joke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:57 AM

I notice with kids 14 and under, they always seem to post their ages as some sort of factor that they think helps their reputation when others sound stupider then them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users