88 replies to this topic

#81 Noobbot

Noobbot

Decaying

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

Especially when you spend your time searching for Jesus videos on youtube. You could be living on a fucking glacier and someone would still show up to talk to you about Jesus. You know damn well that wasn't what I implied. I'm going to stop here because I don't have time to go off on the rant that this is going to lead to, but I'll just throw out two things:

1) I've lived in the south the majority of my life and I have yet to find one of those crazy snake handler churches I hear so much about (and I've been looking for at least 15 years).

2) I'm sorry to hear your sister was turned into a camp counselor at gunpoint and I pray for her safe return (not personally but I'll get someone else to do it).

I have to agree with Weege here, Joe. Much as I find Christianity silly, I haven't been assaulted with it a whole lot. For all the religious people, I feel it's really not so bad here as some atheists or other secular folks like to make it out. Unless you go around shouting, "Fuck your retarded beliefs, you fat red neck shits. I hope you all fucking die while praying to your dead god! Only scunts believe in Jebus anymore," most people find atheists more a curiosity than anything. I just don't state my beliefs (or lack thereof) unless asked most of the time.
Posted Image

I'm not easy to get rid of and I thought I made that pretty clear in a few previous posts[.] Like I said, I think I ended up pissing people off more than they pissed me off. At first I hated Noobbot most of all then I realized how intelligent the asshole really was. Other members just annoyed me (sidra) and that is the reason I've been so emphatic.

#82 Sick_Joe

Sick_Joe

Concept Artist

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

i think you misunderstood the intention behind the quote. in that it was in no way directed towards you, it was directed towards my thought at an old woman trying to introduce christ into my crusty life. like, "hey joe...ya down? well guess what buddy, i dunno if you heard about this or not but there's this guy named jesus...and now, on the surface, it may seem like there are a lot of rules but really every single person that follows the word of jesus pretty much alters every rule in that book to suit their personal desires so it won't really be a big life change for you...but once you go to church and have jesus on your side, man that money will be flowing like water!", me: "get outta here...there's some guy named jesus and he helps people with shit?! hold on old lady lemme grab my pen and paper and write this info down so i don't forget it, what was his name again? jesus? is that with a "j" or a "g"? funny, ya figured i woulda heard something about this guy in all the time i've spent down here."

you don't have to drink strychnine to be a nutty religious shmoo...at least the ones with snake bites on their hands are pretty up front about what they believe in and don't try to sneak jesus into your life when you're eating a fuckin ham sandwich on your lunch break. YARRR SNAKE JESUS! "ho ho k buddy you got it". is more preferable than talking to me and getting to know me just on the pretense of spreading your faith around...that's just gross, one may dare say icky. i've had plenty of encounters with nice people only to find out halfway in they just wanna push jesus down my throat, it's like i'm livin in a fuckin mexican prison.
Posted Image

no...i'm not trying to poison you.

#83 Sick_Joe

Sick_Joe

Concept Artist

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

I have to agree with Weege here, Joe. Much as I find Christianity silly, I haven't been assaulted with it a whole lot. For all the religious people, I feel it's really not so bad here as some atheists or other secular folks like to make it out. Unless you go around shouting, "Fuck your retarded beliefs, you fat red neck shits. I hope you all fucking die while praying to your dead god! Only scunts believe in Jebus anymore," most people find atheists more a curiosity than anything. I just don't state my beliefs (or lack thereof) unless asked most of the time.

i don't talk about my religious beliefs except when asked either and maybe you 2 lucked out and live near sane people but i've been to churches that had kids dressed as klansmen, that's fucking nuts and i had a bit of a problem with it. i was told i was going to hell by numerous sources (outside of my family) even when i was kid. i dunno if you gents had a lot of large family gatherings where people say grace and where if you don't bow your head you might as well have called the oldest woman at the gathering a cunt in front of everyone because you're gonna get treated like you did. haven't enjoyed any strolls past an abortion clinic only to get pelted by plastic fetuses for walking in the area? never seen a grown man scream his lungs out in church because he has the spirit? none of that? i flat out had a teacher tell me i was going to hell and she was glad...that's not insane at all. shit dude, i live way the fuck out in the boonies and i still get missionaries out here, how is that even possible? you know what i'm gonna do this fine morning gloria? spend time with your children or bettering your life in general? no...no no sweet sister gloria. no i'm afraid the lord needs me to drive 20 minutes from town up a gravel road and go talk to people that live far away from other people because they clearly moved out there so they could talk to people and they needed that space so they could talk as loud and as comfortably as possible about switching their soul's wireless service from hellish att to jesus, or more accurately mormon jesus (or as i like to call it american jesus).
Posted Image

#84 Noobbot

Noobbot

Decaying

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:47 AM

i don't talk about my religious beliefs except when asked either and maybe you 2 lucked out and live near sane people but i've been to churches that had kids dressed as klansmen, that's fucking nuts and i had a bit of a problem with it. i was told i was going to hell by numerous sources (outside of my family) even when i was kid. i dunno if you gents had a lot of large family gatherings where people say grace and where if you don't bow your head you might as well have called the oldest woman at the gathering a cunt in front of everyone because you're gonna get treated like you did. haven't enjoyed any strolls past an abortion clinic only to get pelted by plastic fetuses for walking in the area? never seen a grown man scream his lungs out in church because he has the spirit? none of that? i flat out had a teacher tell me i was going to hell and she was glad...that's not insane at all. shit dude, i live way the fuck out in the boonies and i still get missionaries out here, how is that even possible? you know what i'm gonna do this fine morning gloria? spend time with your children or bettering your life in general? no...no no sweet sister gloria. no i'm afraid the lord needs me to drive 20 minutes from town up a gravel road and go talk to people that live far away from other people because they clearly moved out there so they could talk to people and they needed that space so they could talk as loud and as comfortably as possible about switching their soul's wireless service from hellish att to jesus, or more accurately mormon jesus (or as i like to call it american jesus).

AMRIGY AMRIGY

Shit. From people I know and shit though, it seems your encounters are not the norm. Mayhaps it is because my family is relatively secular, despite the fact that I and my brothers are probably the only atheists, strong or weak in a significant portion of the extended family. That aside though, most of my family aren't terribly religious. I'm not going to discount your experiences, but you must remember at all times that they don't necessarily reflect a representative sample. Hard to remember considering cognitive heuristics, but even I've gotten pretty good about that sheeeit niggauh. chea
Posted Image

I'm not easy to get rid of and I thought I made that pretty clear in a few previous posts[.] Like I said, I think I ended up pissing people off more than they pissed me off. At first I hated Noobbot most of all then I realized how intelligent the asshole really was. Other members just annoyed me (sidra) and that is the reason I've been so emphatic.

#85 The Reverend

The Reverend

NMRiH's Bad Joke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

Whoa guys. Let's keep it civil.

#86 Sick_Joe

Sick_Joe

Concept Artist

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

i've noticed atheism and agnosticism being more widely accepted since around 2000 but i've lived in a lot of really small southern towns which could be the problem. i was merely conveying living in one of those pockets of ignorance you seem to find scattered about various states. perhaps my wording should have been "i don't know how someone grows up in a christian dominated small town as a minority of any sort and make it out with a level head." problem solved?

and to further clarify i'm not saying xtians are ignorant, i've met plenty of bright and genuinely friendly individuals who in no way shape or form tried to push their religion on me or others. which is nice. but to be an "outsider" in social situations dominated by these religious undertones and activities is a bit much. if it was just kids being jerks when i was also a kid i could handle that no problem but when various adults admonish you with threats of hell and physical punishment, dude that's a sick environment. i'm just sayin that where i grew up it was extremely hard to stay true to oneself when practically everything in your environment wanted you to fit a certain mold or mind set. anywho <3
Posted Image

#87 FuCkEdUp

FuCkEdUp

Infected

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Murder, animal abuse, killing all sons o' bitches

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
A Jew a day keeps the doctor away ~ Adolf Hitler

#88 Sick_Joe

Sick_Joe

Concept Artist

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:03 AM

you get a 5 for being close to topic but i'm afraid yet another 0 for using other people's stuff :/
Posted Image

#89 The Reverend

The Reverend

NMRiH's Bad Joke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:29 PM

Plus a -10 for making my AV go off for linking to memebase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users