9 replies to this topic

#1 Bucky

Bucky

Texture Artist

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:11 AM

Limit one reply per person. This is not a discussion thread. This is a thread for posting feedback on the most recent patch, 1.04. Keep your post fairly clean by using a list format like below.

Example:

Pros-

* Blah blah 1
* Blah blah 2
* 1.04 is awesome!

Cons-

* Blah blah 1
* Blah blah 2
* 1.04 is terrible!

Suggestions- (list or short paragraph.)

* Blah blah 1
* Blah blah 2
* I think you get the point by now...

Thanks for your feedback and we will continue to make No More Room in Hell better with each patch!

#2 The Reverend

The Reverend

NMRiH's Bad Joke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

unhelpful comments

Ohhhh dip you got told, son.

Also:

Nope, we know we have a few active members, but one post-per-person keeps it organized and easier to keep track of. If anyone needs to add anything they can just edit their post.

Also, your mom is pretty shitty. In bed.

I deleted yours and (maxx's, sorry maxx) other posts to save space and not clog up a new thread.

#3 Coiny

Coiny

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Hello.

Pros:

Runs alot smoother and gameplay feels tighter.
Less lag.
Better fps.
Flashlight texture is nice.
Objective maps feel a bit harder, although more ammo and weapon variety, there seems to be more runners.
Survival works! less crashing, timeouts, etc.
Flooded's zone A and B are better to hold.

Cons:
Still few crashes in survival & objective (hl2.exe not responding).
Survival on flooded seemed bit too easy now, too many drops. (Played in [BBG] server, 8 players) NVM, we had a very good team that game, it's proper difficult! :D

Suggestions:

Less flare gun ammo or flare gun drops on flooded, or less scripted drops.
Add nmo_frostbite to the next release. (though this map needs some work.. laggy)

Can't think of anything else right now, going to play test more tonight so I might add/change something here later.

And again thank you for this awesome patch!
Coiny

Edited by Coiny, 19 April 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#4 Toiletguy

Toiletguy

Fresh Meat

• Real Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

I played survival mostly ;)

Pros:

Lots of guns and ammo in supply drops.

More guns role.

Runners are easier to kill, especially kids.

Cons:

Too many weapons in supply drops which aren't necessary when it comes with spades and claw hammers.

Some zombies takes 3 snipers shot in the head or 5+ charges sledgehammer attacks to the head (random HP value?).

Suggestion:

Instead put more ammo slots in the supply crates (Big crates but 4-5 ammo boxes for guns?).

Survival modes needs more than zombies. Kids and runners are not challenging when survivors are prepared for them and the rest walking fuckers are just cannon fodder.

Survival modes needs to be survival of the fittest. Put a limited number of survivors who can be extracted at the end of the specific round (8 and 10 in flooded). After the first extraction, each survivor gotta do something for himself before the last extraction (Endless zombies in the last wave). Killing each other for extraction or for supplies going to be awesome.

#5 dieger

dieger

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:games,religion, murder,genocide,cats,etc.

the standard

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

great patch would have liked to see more content in it though

pros.

lots of bug fixes (no more getting stuck in boards!!)

new level (sorta)

cons.

mostly just a bug fix patch no new real content

zombies when you pass a wave sometimes there will be leftover zombies yet it will still say they are all dead.

supply drops have way to much stuff makes the waves way to easy there should only be like 8 things total in it 4 things of ammo and 4 weapons.

conclusion: good patch a couple of difficulty balancing issues that need to be fixed but nothing game breaking so thats good :)

Edited by dieger, 23 April 2012 - 01:34 PM.

If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.

-The Duchess

http://www.kickstart...the-painful-rpg

kickstart dis shit

#6 bruudwin

bruudwin

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:09 AM

Good
Smoother
Lot Less Lag
Helicopter actually drop's ammo this time around, and the gun's inside are loaded
rarely any board stuck people.

Bad
On Isolated, the 'front door' area (where the truck is with the hp box) when dropping anything onto that collapsed and broken door on the floor,
you can't pick up the item's again that have dropped onto the door, the same goes for the spawn\basement stairs, sometimes when item's fall onto those step's you can never recover them again.

every now and then if you're boarding and someone is running by\jumping over pre existing boards then they'll get stuck again.

Suggestions,

.308 rifle, perhap's allow it to penetrate a few head's at once like a shotgun does vs a crowd \ baricade.

when helicopter drop's a box, there could maybe be a few set item's it will always drop, say a claw hammer, 2 barricades etc etc (current system is awesome! I just feel it's too random sometimes, like for example one time the helicopter dropped 3 9mm pistols... so perhaps a limiter of how many so and so item's will fall in the box? like at most 2 pistols, 2 rifles, 2 melles, 2 boards 2 boxes of .357 etc etc)

on Isolated, the upstairs area never has zombies go up that way, yet there is clearly a path up there that allow's for zombie's to come up those steps, and down into floor one through the staircase by the front door causing more mayhem and a need for organizing the survivor's better. "Oh crap they're coming from upstair's someone take care of them!"

/\ modify of above, perhaps make a new Zone for upstairs in general assuming zombie's are now also directed to go upstairs too. this'll put more pressure on top of the already hectic craziness that is Isolated. Why else put a health box up there if it can't be overrun? (similar to everyone's least favorite zone A in flooded

If someone is boarding up a certain spot, other player's should\could be notified where other player is boarding so as to avoid getting stuck.
"Oh I see he's boarding up the very bottom spot first, I shall run and jump over where the board will be while he's nailing the door so we can get our work done better!"

Isolated again, where the dead hunter man body is past that lil water tower, perhap's expand the border of that area and allow zombie's to also swarm through that area? as it seem's to me a bit of a story, a hunter becoming the hunted, and at the end of his life make's a final stand before succumbing to death's last breath.

/\ more on above, about that hunter guy, perhap's he was frantic and before making his last stand he's on the run from zombies and he may have dropped some random\fixed tid bits. (a few .357\9mm bullet's, or the .308 for his rifle \ shotgun shells for a shotgun if he ever has\had one around the general area of his dead body (not right next to his dead body) (also he tend's to have a shotgun shell box by his body yet he only has a rifle o.0 so that just comes off as strange to me )

Edited by bruudwin, 27 April 2012 - 06:28 PM.

Well now...'how'

#7 Grufdak

Grufdak

Infected

• Real Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

Pros:

- survival mode runs more stable now
- supply drop at survuival mode is more usefull
- more effective close combat
- in nms_flooded the zone A & B are better to defend now
- traps in nms_flooded
- nms_isolated is a nice done map
- more shotgun ammo :)

Cons:

- survival mode has to long waiting times for dead players
- nms_flooded has to many possibilities to call for supplys (to much flaregun ammo and flare guns), so it seems the map is to easy
- at nms_isolated it is confusing what zone is for what building part
- no really changes on nmo_broadway (I hope the are plans for the future because the map is not challenging very often)
- extra lifes at survival mode get delete at the beginning of every wave start (because of gameplay balance?)

suggestions:

- give the zones at survial mode names. Sometimes I carry a bag to the house and drop it to restore the health of a zone and see that an other 99% zone got the 10% health (or better the 1% restored)
which wasnīt to be meant to get the heal because I did a mistake at remembering the right zone description.
- Donīt let a new wave start if the last one isnīt finished. Thats the reason why the people have this long waiting times for the respawn. It happens so often you see 3 or 1 zombies are left and the
survivors are going to kill them and suddenly some seconds before the last zombies is dieing the new wave starts and you have to wait another 10 minutes to get the chance to spawn.

#8 themanofwar

themanofwar

Tester

• Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Movies
    Soccer
    Mapping

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

Sometimes I carry a bag to the house and drop it to restore the health of a zone and see that an other 99% zone got the 10% health (or better the 1% restored)
which wasn´t to be meant to get the heal because I did a mistake at remembering the right zone description.

You can press 'C' to make the zones hud show up for a few seconds in survival mode, in objective maps if you press C it will show you the objective. It will show you where A-B-C etc will be.

#9 Agatsu

Agatsu

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

This mod needs quick tips in the loading screen.

I have spoken.

Agatsu sounds like he almost knows what he's talking about.

#10 DarwiN

DarwiN

Infected

• Real Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

Great work, but i dont understand why in this game I have 30 fps when in other games like left 4 dead 2 I have 150-200 fps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users