#1 Xeno

Xeno

Fresh Meat

• Real Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

Hi.

well after the 1.03 update i see that some weapons, the firearms, have new animations. lile the 2 barrel shootgun by reloading. the pistols have too new draw/deploy animations.

well my question is: can u make in a future update the old and new animations together? i mean like the m16: it has 2 reloading anims by empty reload. so may u can combin the old and new anims of the 2 barrel shootgun 50/50 like the m16. same for the pistols. by a 50/50 chance u see the normal deploy or the cocking by deploy.

btw: i realy like the magazinsize + 1 (example 1911: 7 +1). make the specel the 1911 and shootguns stronger and better!

#2 Maxx

Maxx

Project Lead

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

The pistol cocking etc is going to be, in the next patch, for the "first draw", and every subsequent draw will not need the cocking.

As for the new animations, many of them are old actually, pre-release. We had to make some changes and fixes and one of our old animators never uploaded the most up-to-date animations that he did before he left the team. So those "new" aniamtions are actually ld and will probably end up being redone anyway.

Like NMRiH? Add me on Facebook!
-- NMRiH Project Lead, Team Manager --
"less talk more getting naked" -- ssba
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Hypno Toad

Hypno Toad

Infected

• Real Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Interesting things

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:45 AM

The pistol cocking etc is going to be, in the next patch, for the "first draw", and every subsequent draw will not need the cocking.

As for the new animations, many of them are old actually, pre-release. We had to make some changes and fixes and one of our old animators never uploaded the most up-to-date animations that he did before he left the team. So those "new" aniamtions are actually ld and will probably end up being redone anyway.

Little side suggestion for when you guys get around to it (just a neat visual detail), one of the RnL animators had entirely seperate reload aniamtions for empty chamber and full chamber, meaning the first person avatar would reload in a visually different manner depending on the state of the chamber (since they use different reload aniamtions anyways). It creates a nice sense of variety in reloading animations.

Odds are you might not load your weapon in an identical fashion every time, so it's a nice way to mix it up

#4 Trotskygrad

Trotskygrad

Zombie

• Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

Little side suggestion for when you guys get around to it (just a neat visual detail), one of the RnL animators had entirely seperate reload aniamtions for empty chamber and full chamber, meaning the first person avatar would reload in a visually different manner depending on the state of the chamber (since they use different reload aniamtions anyways). It creates a nice sense of variety in reloading animations.

Odds are you might not load your weapon in an identical fashion every time, so it's a nice way to mix it up

ehm, he already said that this would be different, and truth be told, you shouldn't use entirely different motions to reload when empty vs. a tactical reload.

That being said I'm supportive of using multiple animations for reloads in general, randomized ofc. (like how the pump shotty in CS uses 2 different pump animations, how ironsighting in KF uses 2 different animations, etc, etc)

#5 Maxx

Maxx

Project Lead

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

extra animations for variety are always a plus but will come later as they are not crucial. Dry/tactical reloads and ghost loading are already in 1.03

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Hellroom

Hellroom

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

Could we have an animation where the player forgets to put the slide latch/lock/whatever back in the pistol, pulls the slide back (really exaggeratedly) then it flies off the end of the Pistol, accompanied by this sound:

Being alone was like a strong spiritual windy force against you... but not like it's pushing you, but felt there... as if your soul; every soul had a very deep and dark elevator to the center of the Earth; thath a very dark and sacred... holy place brought by time, fire, and darkness.

#7 Maxx

Maxx

Project Lead

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

You realize that can't happen in real life, right? That's a physical impossibility. There is a metal pin on the frame of 95% of pistols that you need to either pop out or latch down and then do a half-cock and then push forward.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Hellroom

Hellroom

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

Well, NMRIH is set in a world where Zombies exist so it wouldn't be the most implausible thing in there.

and apparently it can happen to Glocks sometimes (by the sounds of things when some internal component starts malfunctioning.)

And why am I arguing this, apart from DESPERATELY wanting to see this animation make its way in-game. You could turn it into the most powerful projectile weapon, launch the slide into a Zombies face.

Have the National guard do one of those.

Being alone was like a strong spiritual windy force against you... but not like it's pushing you, but felt there... as if your soul; every soul had a very deep and dark elevator to the center of the Earth; thath a very dark and sacred... holy place brought by time, fire, and darkness.

#9 Trotskygrad

Trotskygrad

Zombie

• Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

Well, NMRIH is set in a world where Zombies exist so it wouldn't be the most implausible thing in there.

and apparently it can happen to Glocks sometimes (by the sounds of things when some internal component starts malfunctioning.)

And why am I arguing this, apart from DESPERATELY wanting to see this animation make its way in-game. You could turn it into the most powerful projectile weapon, launch the slide into a Zombies face.

Have the National guard do one of those.

seriously that's a dumb idea.

#1: you would give people the ability to break guns, which would bring griefing to an entirely new level
#2: a flung slide wouldn't hurt a human at all, much less a zombie
#3: it would look totally out of place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users