12 replies to this topic

#1 Hellroom

Hellroom

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

This has been mentioned a few times before and would fit really well with the story surrounding Flooded (if you've bothered to read the blurb)

Basically, submerged zombies that have spent ages underwater and have become bloated, Slower than normal Zombies (Both in speed and attack) but their attack is very powerful to both players and barricades (They can take them down in 1-2 hits) Im not suggesting they explode or anything like Boomers in L4D, but it'd be cool if when they took enough damage they'd decompose/fall apart on the spot (even cooler if this would start to happen anyway the longer they were around, until finally they just became a gorepile.)

Being alone was like a strong spiritual windy force against you... but not like it's pushing you, but felt there... as if your soul; every soul had a very deep and dark elevator to the center of the Earth; thath a very dark and sacred... holy place brought by time, fire, and darkness.

#2 Disposable Henchman

Disposable Henchman

Replaceable

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  • Interests:Being Cannon Fodder

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

actually, waterlogged zombies would be slower, weaker and take more damage from any form of cutting or piercing weapon, like bullets, machetes, axes and hatchets etc. but could compensate with increased blunt damage resistance, but realistically they would be just pug fugly and be weaker slower versions of zombies.
Posted Image

NMRiH isn't meant to be easy. It's meant to be an unforgiving punch to the dick.

#3 Hellroom

Hellroom

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

Yeh, i've got them in my head as 'Barricade busters'. Something along the lines of them falling through boarded up doorways and taking every board down in one with their sheer weight would also be a good way to implement them. After that they'd either be dead or start crawling around after players (Leaving a massive gorepile behind.)

Being alone was like a strong spiritual windy force against you... but not like it's pushing you, but felt there... as if your soul; every soul had a very deep and dark elevator to the center of the Earth; thath a very dark and sacred... holy place brought by time, fire, and darkness.

#4 Mkilbride

Mkilbride

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Things.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

Uh?

Normal Zombies destroy boards in 1-2 hits as is. Not really a "Wow, kill it quick!" monster.
Posted Image
I don't know my limits, or maybe I do, and perhaps I just wish to defy them.

Don't like me? Fight me! http://mkilbride.mybrute.com/cellule

http://www.hivegaming.net/ [Hive Gaming: Game Servers, Premium Dedicated Hosting]

#5 usbfridge

usbfridge

Fresh Meat

• Real Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

Yeh, i've got them in my head as 'Barricade busters'. Something along the lines of them falling through boarded up doorways and taking every board down in one with their sheer weight would also be a good way to implement them. After that they'd either be dead or start crawling around after players (Leaving a massive gorepile behind.)

Baricades are practically useless as it is, especially since a cluster of the zeds (Who are all in the SAME FREAKING SPOT) can instantly destooy a 3 board cade. If you haven't seen a 3 board cade, then go on nms_storm for some. I like the basic idea though, even if I want the devs to spend more time on balancing the game and making new survivors/zombie models, it'd definatly be cool to see bloated zombies on flooded.

#6 Disposable Henchman

Disposable Henchman

Replaceable

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  • Interests:Being Cannon Fodder

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

Baricades are practically useless as it is, especially since a cluster of the zeds (Who are all in the SAME FREAKING SPOT) can instantly destooy a 3 board cade. If you haven't seen a 3 board cade, then go on nms_storm for some. I like the basic idea though, even if I want the devs to spend more time on balancing the game and making new survivors/zombie models, it'd definatly be cool to see bloated zombies on flooded.

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH....

nms_storm?

one of my favorite garrysmod zs maps converted for nmrih? :o

where can I find it?
Posted Image

NMRiH isn't meant to be easy. It's meant to be an unforgiving punch to the dick.

#7 usbfridge

usbfridge

Fresh Meat

• Real Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH....

nms_storm?

one of my favorite garrysmod zs maps converted for nmrih? :o

where can I find it?

Found it at the bottom of the list when I had the servers up in map name. I've got the map, played it atleast, and I know I saw red queen before I went on these forums too. If you want, I guess, I could try to send you the map if it isn't up. If worst comes to worst, I can ask on the forums. Wait... you're the genius who came up with soft colision, no?

Edited by usbfridge, 04 March 2012 - 09:27 PM.

#8 Hellroom

Hellroom

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

Yeh, this was a 'way down the line' suggestion when, as you say, things'll be slightly more balanced i.e. barricades and their usefullness. Bloated Zombies could work in a number of ways (aside from variation in Zombie models) as you suggested in your thread, ramped up carriers of infection, if they did get to your barricaded spot, fell through and destroyed it their remains could turn that spot into a small 'trigger infect' area for a period meaning you really wouldn't want them to get anywhere close to your barricades/whatever.

#9 draco122

draco122

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

After seeing this on the Walking Dead, I'm for Bloated Zombies

#10 Mkilbride

Mkilbride

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

Should we also have only 1 Zombie on the map, as well, then?

Someone should create a NMRiH map based off the farm.

Good show, I watch every episode, but by gods, it's more like The Days of our Lives(...And zombies, too!)

Way to much Drama. "Whose baby is it" Wah wah wah. Can't really stand it sometimes. I understand they want to make us care; but so far I do not give one shit about anyone besides Dale. Everyone else is an idiot or an asshole.
Posted Image

http://www.hivegaming.net/ [Hive Gaming: Game Servers, Premium Dedicated Hosting]

#11 draco122

draco122

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

Should we also have only 1 Zombie on the map, as well, then?

Someone should create a NMRiH map based off the farm.

Good show, I watch every episode, but by gods, it's more like The Days of our Lives(...And zombies, too!)

Way to much Drama. "Whose baby is it" Wah wah wah. Can't really stand it sometimes. I understand they want to make us care; but so far I do not give one shit about anyone besides Dale. Everyone else is an idiot or an asshole.

That bloated zombie scene further illustrates the idiocy of some of the characters...

"Lets get a bloated diseased undead zombie out of a well so we can drink safe clean water again...", I mean seriously!?

#12 Mkilbride

Mkilbride

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

That...

Yeah, I know.

"Well, he's not bleeding or anything, should be safe to drink!"

Not like he hasn't spit, slobbered, festered, ect, in it.

Just the way they deal with Zombies piss me off.

Like the Knife scenes. Makes sense. Save bullets, stay quiet...

But they cut themselves...to look badass. ZOMBIE IS ALREADY COMING AT YOU, NO NEED TO BAIT IT!

Not to mention, no need to cut your hand open with a knife covered in Zombie blood, SMART!

The part where they go and practice shooting...I could not believe. Not only where they making hellish amounts of noise...but HELLO! AMMO IS NO INFINITE! GUNS DO BREAK DOWN FROM REPEATED USE!

They must have used 200-300 rounds from what I saw that episode...shooting cans...then a few episodes later "We use our knives when we can, to conserve ammo and stay quiet"

Just...no.
Posted Image

#13 draco122

draco122

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

That...

Yeah, I know.

"Well, he's not bleeding or anything, should be safe to drink!"

Not like he hasn't spit, slobbered, festered, ect, in it.

Just the way they deal with Zombies piss me off.

Like the Knife scenes. Makes sense. Save bullets, stay quiet...

But they cut themselves...to look badass. ZOMBIE IS ALREADY COMING AT YOU, NO NEED TO BAIT IT!

Not to mention, no need to cut your hand open with a knife covered in Zombie blood, SMART!

The part where they go and practice shooting...I could not believe. Not only where they making hellish amounts of noise...but HELLO! AMMO IS NO INFINITE! GUNS DO BREAK DOWN FROM REPEATED USE!

They must have used 200-300 rounds from what I saw that episode...shooting cans...then a few episodes later "We use our knives when we can, to conserve ammo and stay quiet"

Just...no.

I know right... the whole baiting thing and cutting open hands is just stupid in my honest opinion. Obvious infection is obvious.

Still I know if was going for Target practice I'd at least give them rounds that were designed for Practice. I mean thats why if you go to gunstores they always have at least some kind of "Light" ammo that can be used for Target practice, not enough to kill but enough to hit a steel plate or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users