A few words from Maxx:
It's been a while, but our 1.03 update featuring the Survival gamemode is finally here! Lucky for you, now you get to experience some big improvements, additions and changes to No More Room in Hell. We hope that you all enjoy 1.03 and everything it brings along, and we would love to hear what you have to say about it! We are building NMRiH incrementally, one little bit at a time and we want all of you to be a part of that process. Come join us on our forums and be heard! We are often directly involved with the community, and any bugs you might find, ideas you might have or even just stories of your experiences playing the game are all very much appreciated and encouraged.
Just remember that No More Room in Hell is a constant Work-In-Progress; anything and everything are subject to change. Many elements of the 1.03 patch for example are simplified concepts, prototypes of larger ideas that will grow and improve with your feedback. Many of the changes in 1.03 are based on the extensive feedback we received regarding earlier versions, so come talk to us!
Full Client Download Locations:
Patch Download Locations:
Video overview of survival:
nms_flooded Screen Shots:
- Added Survival Gamemode
- Added "nms_flooded" map by Vincent
- Added Woodman's Hatchet melee weapon
- Added Mossberg 500A shotgun
- Added Helicopter supply crate
- Added Player and Zone supply items
- Added "Jive" as a playable character
- Added Two additional zombie models
- Added Maglite "dual wield" support for the crowbar, hatchet, lead pipe and machete
- Added Tactical reloads and ghost loading
- Added Two commands, 'refresh_postprocess' and 'refresh_screenspace' that can be used to fix the screen going black
- Added Video on game launch.
- Rebalanced melee weapons based on player feedback
- Changed zombie health and damages
- Improved zombie AI and behavior
- Fixed missing sounds for some weapons
- Fixed some crashes during map changes
- Enabled local pathing for zombie npcs
- Updated numerous particle effects
- Re-recorded all player voice commands
- Increase infection length to 90 seconds and play infection sound at last 45 seconds of infection
- Increased Phalanx pills cure time to 3 minutes
- Removed chainsaw from random melee weapon spawning entities
- Player pain sounds are no longer distance-variant
- Certain console commands now require sv_cheats
- Shove damage is now factored into sv_friendly_fire_factor
Good luck out there!
We have a few things going on for mappers in the next few weeks. First off we will be having a mapping competition with some specified theme to be determined. Second we will be opening a public submission process for community made maps to be included into the main build, details and requirements will be announced with he mapping competition. Finally as always we are looking for mappers and modelers to join our team. If you are interested send us an applications to email@example.com or directly on our forums.
Now as for mapping survival maps as introduced in 1.03 we have a short tutorial on setting up your map in hammer on our wiki located at this link.