It has recently come to our attention that an epidemic is sweeping the Source mod community. Players all across the globe are encountering this error when trying to play their favorite games:
For those of you experiencing this issue, fear not! There may be a solution.
1. Exit Steam if you haven't already.
2. Delete the config folder in your Steam directory.
3. Run Steam.exe
- Steam will redownload all of the files you deleted and verify the contents of your steamapps folder. (Credible sources say this process only takes a couple minutes)
4. Test the game!
*NOTE: This solution does not apply exclusively to PVK2. If you're having this issue in another Source mod, give it a try.
Another solution that may work is listed here, in case if the above method doesn't work!
1. Close Steam.
2. Delete ClientRegistry.blob in your Steam folder
3. Run Steam.
If both solutions above do not work, try this:
1. Delete the contents of your steam directory EXCEPT these files:
- The steamapps folder (and its contents)
2. Run Steam.exe (In the Steam folder, not the shortcut)
- Steam will redownload all of the files you deleted and verify the contents of your steamapps folder.
3. Load up NMRiH.