8 replies to this topic

#1 Joe

Joe

NMRIH's Mappers Inspiration

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:13 PM

We all know what we don't like about friendly fire and why it's best to keep it off, but I think Friendly Fire actually contributed to the fun in my first time playing. First, let me go over the basics of what makes a game fun:

Games like Halo or Gears of War that are popular and widely supported only because their gameplay is purely refined bread and wine sold from a nice restaurant. It sells only because it is both good and cheap. The problem is is that it is cheap. Halo is seriously repetitive, as with ANY game, but for a game to be popular and replayed, they have to be balanced enough to at least WASTE YOUR TIME. Wudji bi fan(too much of the good stuff is bad stuff[Karate Kid {2010}]) WOW, Halo, COD, and... the others primarily waste people's time, as well as people waste their time with it. You have to admit it somewhere down the line: Even artists don't learn more, or fighters and football players, don't LEARN better skills, but try to maintain what they DO have to offer. It takes taking BREAKS and WAVING your brain into different things in the world. I can't support acid, or drugs that take you to a "different reality" but I believe that "different reality" also is there by logic in accompany with the FACT we don't enough time to enjoy nature for as long as we are still thinking of work. That's what a boss is for anyways, or could be for: to tell you when to come back so you don't have to think of doing it yourself... OR some TECHNIC where going to work is part of your own big regime and personal adventure. Some of that takes proper nutrition, I am feeling. Basically, "GOOD" games are not exactly good. If Starcraft II sucks, Maxx, then let's discuss the "crack" games vs. lame games to broaden our horizons... or to let it pacify us for more glory and passion.

What does that have to do with teamkilling, you may ask? It points out that games today STILL have minimal freedoms. GOLDEN Eye 64 and Perfect Dark 64 has a LOT more multiplayer options and playability(guns, levels, sims, SIMpersonalities [highly shielded sim,super fast sim, sim that only fist fights, etc.) than HALO! >:( & it's-just-a-game-for-Nintendo-64! If we think of it: WHICH games actually do show something different from what we have seen since Tomb Raider or Turok 2? WE STILL have racing games in which the cars NEVER spin. If I was directing a Need for Speed, a serious and popular racing game, I would "modernize" it with gore (people's torso flying out the front window when driving stupid and not pro), and monitor the game's driving physics.

All in all, video games are fading into reality, but I AM THANKFUL to be titillated by No More Room in Hell. Why? It is free of charge; NO PAYING FOR CREDITS BUY MORE ITEMS LIKE WOW! XD, it has AWESOME graphics. If someone says the graphics are unrealistic, then the graphics are STILL superb by my reaction. I can't wait to put my graphics back to the original settings because NMRiH is fun with the graphics on high. The graphics are like realistic/neat comic book-but-3D-awesome graphics. They are insanely awesome! ...and it's funny how high-detailed graphics and pixels have EVERYTHING to do with its artists! :D

So where is this all coming to? TADBITS that make games fun: Duke Nukem 3D was fun because you got to randomly demolish a building at your CHOICE, and it gave you a feeling that you can walk the whole city without limits, but there definitely were limts all around. Duke Nukem also had kick ass guns. I think Duke Nukem Forever should've laminated modern-day video game realism into its gameplay by allowing Duke to use soldiers military weaponry, but throughout the game, Duke would be able to use his iconic weaponry: the shrink ray, that bloody-blow-up gun, that charge-up nuclear electric gun, the triple barrelled machinegun, and all that stuff. That's what made it badass... somehow: it's usually the first time things are great, which is why the Joker from Batman was so great because he knew how to keep the fun rolling with randomness and mischief.

Okay, look, I am just pointing out "Cool" games of today are packing the same punch as they once did. I honestly had more fun playing Tribes 1 and Perfect Dark 64's multiplayer, and Starcraft, than ANY game ever made... even Hunter: The Reckoning or DukeNukem Co-op, Perfect Dark Counter-Op.

So the gig is: Friendly fire should be the next step in making a difference and I want that to start with US in No More Room in Hell's warship. We gotta admit: games compete... just as more of a sub-conscious than gaming itself or sports.

Now that I have secured the fact that creativity and diversity is what makes a game special (being able to use the N-Bombs in Perfect Dark 64's multiplayer AND being able to use Golden Eye's Facility level in Perfect Dark 64's multiplayer was LIKE a WAR of throwing hurricanes at each other. I just wish the N-bombs' dizziness would've wore off AFTER DYING instead of cursing us after-death and rebirth), I'd REALLY LOVE to state reasons Friendly Fire NEEDS to popularize in NMRiH. The only way it will is by having supporters of it. I need a crew who will run servers or play in servers with Friendly Fire on.

BY THE WAY: THANK YOU GUYS FOR MAKING IT EASY TO RUN YOUR OWN NMRIH SERVER. IT IS AN AMAZING FEELING BEING ABLE TO SEE PEOPLE SHOW UP IN MY OWN SERVER.

Friendly fire is like cigarettes or SODA: FF it is more of an translucent paradox of what hurts somebody than how tobacco or soda clearly does. The idea people will say soda doesn't hurt you, knowing it has a "lot of sugar" is EXACTLY and usually where my points are coming from.

I hypothesize that Friendly Fire unnoticably makes people dumb in gaming. Just because some games help you learn doesn't mean it's nerdy and lame like the Magic School Bus: LEARNING SCIENCE! Buy it off the shelf @ Home Depot! :D Even though I got myself stomped on by pot-degrading punks(420 in their names) from being vigilant to their teamkilling, I still support Friendly Fire. The deal is is that friendly fire is not supported on its own.

This means: The unconscious/subconscious LUXURY players get to both play CO-OP AND spawn next to each other, the team killer gets the luxury of killing everybody at the start. If you think about it, it is actually and interesting feedback on video game-to-reality psychology. This doesn't acquit FF already. My point is: you can LIVE without smoking,if you learned enough alternatives that make you great and not a nerdy Olympian(Olympians are not nerdy, but just saying since people who realize what freeedom means, they the don't want to waste time on so much effort being athletic). So by having FF on and creating a gameplay that fluctuates FF, players won't be able to object. It's kind of like what you may hear in Wallstreet(the movie) or maybe In Time... Rum DIARIES(in theaters now): "If people were aware, they would be asking for their money back." So why DON'T people complain? Advertising is the key(think of business men discussing selling a product what they might say in a meeeting)Because of poverty, advertising, and people being too tired to realize what a good choice is anymore, they feel better about making stupid choices only because they see their friends doing the same thing, which makes you feel less insane.

Ways to get players complain LESS about Friendly Fire:

1.) TEAM WORK FOR ONCE, be a leader, or follow one.
a. Kill the team killer and don't kill the guy who killed the team killer.
2.) One reason to support FF is because most video gamers don't use teamwork, or communication.
3.) In case of tkillers at beginning of round, give players a chance to grab a gun in PEACE instead of having to run for their lives at the very beginning... at least 1/3 of the time. To do this, 3 of 8 players should spawn alone as in a bathroom, hiding in a bush, in a gutter, trashcan, running away next to zombies.
4.) Having 8 models for the limit of 8 players. If one player has one character, then that character can no longer be used. The again, it doesn't matter, as long as surviving against a teamkiller is made easier by giving players a chance TO CATCH their BREATH BEFORE KILLING EVERYBODY instead of that one griever. By having more player models, the griever can be spotted sooner, but usually there isn't more than one Bateman. So it should be easy to spot both a name and Bateman as the tker.

So in other words, team killing also happens at mass just because one person decides to get everyone to team kill each other. This happens because players have too little of time to try to figure out who killed who so noticing they might die soon, they feel free and fun to kill their neighbor as mindless as that. There's not much mystery as to why some people go on a teamkilling spree; we are socialized human beings who have learned or experienced organized thinking or teamwork, especially working in a job; that we must maintain stasis and order to get the job done together. So sometimes people get that mixed up and use the idea of team killing as their duty in the freedom of video gaming.

Maybe teamkilling only makes more danger among players, but it still adds some spice in spotting enemies. FF being is life itself: you can hold things in your pocket, car, or bag as you can't do in a video game. You wish you could should a minigun with norecoil but you can't and also can not own one. Being able to teamkill may also help us isolate failure. Team killing isn't about being an asshole, because a true asshole might reveal his/herself when being able to teamkill. FF being on will challenge gamers more, but we need ideas, and not the same old "tkers are annoying" If they are a problem to you, then you need to learn to fix that problem instead of whining to mommy to have her kick my ass, which makes me hope you scream for mom as you are attacked by a wild animal's justification. Every job needs someone to fire someone.

Even if I am turing sociopathic, I hold a point: gamers will learn with Friendly Fire being on and why not try popularize it? By far, MOST games may always still have no FF, but we need to develop a HIP "underground" that insinuates Friendly Fire being on and why not leting FFA fluctuate as NMRiH being underground, as it technically is, by logic.

Another way is sadly but frankly: informing players they can sprint, and making guns and melee less dangerous while sprinting. If you want to go far, you might make melee and guns ALSO less dangerous for 5-10 seconds AFTER sprinting for around 5-10 seconds.

Friendly Fire being accepted by people in an organized game of limits vs. the limitless real-life will need the game itself to accept friendly fire by being able to spawn, or putting into perspective: locating yourself, alone in the bushes, away from spawning around each other so you all are having a draw or Mexican-stand-off. It is only agreeable by myself FF doesn't work without compensation for what makes a griever dangerous. Compensating the danger needs to give a player a chance to: change his name easily and WITHOUT public notice ORRR: REMOVAL of name labels when you put your aim on the player; one or the other, so that the enemy can't remember with ease on who he wants to kill but by character skin. What's the difference? Barely any, but with less pressure-to-obligation. This is why a majority of players should spawn alone or to be able to sprint away and let the enemy sprint but with less stamina to aim or swing even after he is done sprinting. More areas in maps to be translucent like hiding in bushes, or peering through a fence, will provide security for players and peace in identifying just who they want to kill or BE KILLED. Once grievers are isolated by MORE "free" gameplay implementations as stated above, the griever ALSO gets an unfair chance to complain..

Hello mind-readers, (... besides, what's does the worst a reject who says "fuck the world," do besides cigarettes or weed?)

Oh, I still think about those years many ago when I was conjured into beating a black kid's head with an airsoft gun and a fist. I mentioned about Andre recently and soon had an abrupt call from a man named Andre. It's such a shame they had me arrested b/c they wanted me to like that, because I was very focused on important goals that did not involve kids. Because I was surely focused on something... I surely wanted, the arrest did nearly nothing, and it's not of my decision, but of their faults for the truth: I am ready to do the same shit again or worse. Good job, "good guys!" ;) Git shot and don't approach my direction on the compass at all! Don't bleed dead and be on my news, smart-arse adults! ;) GOD, I love THAT truth. BE killed and it's okay. YES indeed. OH... OH I nthe church, I may ever come! OH.... My heart is SOILED!

You guys are fucking Conquistadors on Aztecs. Don't ever be Christian looking up to the Christian Conquistadors, or else you profess the idea of supporting Imperialism(WAR) like your Alexander the Great! As an American of free speech and lawfully abidance, I can oppose thee in however way I want. If you are no friend to me, but competition to work differently, using me as notorious amongst the many of solitude, you are only conspiring maliciousness; either eventual affliction, or what is truly creating a malicious person. So let's have the deputy dog tell me, "if you want to do wrong, that's your choice." To conjure someone to make a choice, is basically using magic upon them; essentially playing puppeteer. What does that make you?

#2 Disposable Henchman

Disposable Henchman

Replaceable

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  • Interests:Being Cannon Fodder

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

I agree with most of his points
Posted Image

NMRiH isn't meant to be easy. It's meant to be an unforgiving punch to the dick.

#3 The Ripper

The Ripper

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

I love what FF adds to the mod.

Ingame, I'm a psychopath. I will kill every single survivor one by one until I'm the last one left. I try to be incognito as possible, isolate one or two of them and silence them before they even realize what's happening. It adds a whole other level of challenge to the game for both the survivors and myself. When I am inevitably discovered, the hunter becomes the hunted. People may say I'm doing it to grief, but I digress. I do it to add spice to the zombie apocalypse because, as you can imagine, you would be dealing with crazy humans as well as the undead.

Edited by The Ripper, 03 November 2011 - 06:03 PM.

#4 Joe

Joe

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

I see what you mean, Ripper. By not spamming the tking, you actually add some spice to it, yet it is still spicy. Good luck. Maybe I'll see you around one day!

I wish I can simplify my list, but every space in between the paragraphs is my attempt to make a whole new and good point to make that ultimately supports FF being on.

All in all: it's about the players being emancipated further from mental slavery.

Bob Marley says "emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; none but ourselves can free our minds"

but I say it can happen with the help others' power who can control what people see and do every day. A very intelligent and responsible person can help emancipate someone by providing money of a lot of money many they save.

Hello mind-readers, (... besides, what's does the worst a reject who says "fuck the world," do besides cigarettes or weed?)

Oh, I still think about those years many ago when I was conjured into beating a black kid's head with an airsoft gun and a fist. I mentioned about Andre recently and soon had an abrupt call from a man named Andre. It's such a shame they had me arrested b/c they wanted me to like that, because I was very focused on important goals that did not involve kids. Because I was surely focused on something... I surely wanted, the arrest did nearly nothing, and it's not of my decision, but of their faults for the truth: I am ready to do the same shit again or worse. Good job, "good guys!" ;) Git shot and don't approach my direction on the compass at all! Don't bleed dead and be on my news, smart-arse adults! ;) GOD, I love THAT truth. BE killed and it's okay. YES indeed. OH... OH I nthe church, I may ever come! OH.... My heart is SOILED!

You guys are fucking Conquistadors on Aztecs. Don't ever be Christian looking up to the Christian Conquistadors, or else you profess the idea of supporting Imperialism(WAR) like your Alexander the Great! As an American of free speech and lawfully abidance, I can oppose thee in however way I want. If you are no friend to me, but competition to work differently, using me as notorious amongst the many of solitude, you are only conspiring maliciousness; either eventual affliction, or what is truly creating a malicious person. So let's have the deputy dog tell me, "if you want to do wrong, that's your choice." To conjure someone to make a choice, is basically using magic upon them; essentially playing puppeteer. What does that make you?

#5 Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer

Infected

• Real Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Video Games.

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:25 PM

Friendly Fire on is good when you have Mature people that don't just want to kill their team mates because it's "Fun" or "Hilarious" to them.

#6 Disposable Henchman

Disposable Henchman

Replaceable

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  • Interests:Being Cannon Fodder

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:26 PM

The thing about FF is that It adds more tension, which is what all horror games need.
people sometimes mistake tension with frustration, nobody wants frustration in a videogame, but tension is great when blended with immersion and horror.

It's like when you know you have a horde of zombies behind you, you know that you could get infected at any second, you know some of them might be runners, you might be the last one alive, there might be some zombies around the corner blocking your escape, you might not have enough ammo to make it through, you might miss your axe swing, the door might be locked, the gas can might not be there, you might have a parking ticket on your car, you might develop prostate cancer, etc.

unlike L4D, where you get bitch slapped from behind by a zombie, giving you a permanent pimp limp, which is just fucking frustrating because It hinders control, making you feel unfairly/cheaply defeated and powerless.
Posted Image

NMRiH isn't meant to be easy. It's meant to be an unforgiving punch to the dick.

#7 MeatShake

MeatShake

Fresh Meat

• Real Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Art, and videogames, but not artsy videogames.

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:13 PM

Bob Marley says "emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; none but ourselves can free our minds"

He's actually quoting Marcus Garvey in that song, with a different message in mind. I see your point though.

I only ever see friendly fire in motion when I accidentally smash someone's head in while attacking a zombie and he decides to run up and take a shot at it himself, or when a zombie is grappling someone and they kill the zombie on their own only to get their head blown off by a teammate trying to save them, but too late.

It adds another hazard, human error, that I love. It makes you think about shooting that runner tailing a friend where you could riskkilling them yourself if you miss.

#8 thecao

thecao

Fresh Meat

• Real Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

I love what FF adds to the mod.

Ingame, I'm a psychopath. I will kill every single survivor one by one until I'm the last one left. I try to be incognito as possible, isolate one or two of them and silence them before they even realize what's happening. It adds a whole other level of challenge to the game for both the survivors and myself. When I am inevitably discovered, the hunter becomes the hunted. People may say I'm doing it to grief, but I digress. I do it to add spice to the zombie apocalypse because, as you can imagine, you would be dealing with crazy humans as well as the undead.

I love to play this way at 2 am. I agree with the method of trying to stay hidden as long as possible, singling out lone players. Griefing is not my intention, but my desire to promote conflict often is interpreted that way. Most of us normal people try not to be the "bad" guy in normal life situations, but the fantasy world of video games gives us a chance to "play" at being the bad guy. Player freedom = win. Interesting spice note: if u want to add to your psychotic tendencies, try off-ing a player and then blaming it on another, see if you can sow chaos to make your task easier.

I don't always play this way, but it is a fun change of play occasionally.

Edited by thecao, 04 November 2011 - 07:21 PM.

#9 Joe

Joe

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

Friendly Fire on is good when you have Mature people that don't just want to kill their team mates because it's "Fun" or "Hilarious" to them.

The point is to FACE that problem! If people do that everyday at work or some shit, then why not exercise it while having fun playing NMRiH?

People need to learn RESPONSIBILITY AND DISCIPLINE. I know it makes me sound like a crazed adult at a town-meeting in downtown city, but look at us! Our role models: Lil Wayne; Eminem... they can't do it all! Obama! He'd probably lose his "cool and badass" friends if he said enough of what he personally wants to tell the American people!

FF may ALLOW mischief, but if players WOULD DO THAT with FF on, then they are still mischievous on the inside. VIDEO GAMES take role... ALSO MOVIES take role of people at the end of their ropes, or they try to act that way! Fight or flight situations (which are everyday according to the science of fight or flight) are what cause us to be in that and Friendly Fire adds... or gives us back that taste.

Life is life. "As everything is meant ot be broken; I just want you to know who I am" ... If we like having a gooD TIME on video games... and we REALLY want a good time, WE NEED MORE SUPPORT FOR FRIENDLY FIRE BEING ON!

If we like having a gooD TIME on video games... and we REALLY want a good time, WE NEED MORE SUPPORT FOR FRIENDLY FIRE BEING ON!

-To populate NMRiH with servers in favor for friendly fire!

-To not just be in fear of grievers, but to DARE THEM to come about!

-To make it easier on people, I have posted such ways at the very top in the opening post.

FACE YOUR PROBLEMS! Don't "cry to mommy" she can't be there always... and LOOK AT HER! She raised you for a LARGE quarter of her life and you still WHINE! FACE THE PROBLEMS! EVERYDAY IN THOSE WAR GAMES, WE LOVE OUR FRIENDS, BUT WE WATCH THEM DIE BECAUSE WE ARE SELFISH! So let's continue to have fun together dying together, BUT TRY TO DO SOMETHING THAT HELPS US TRY TOGETHER!

IF MOST GAMES HAVE NO TEAMWORK, THEN LET'S TRY FRIENDLY FIRE BEING ON AS AN EXPERIMENT TO AID TEAMWORK!

We WILL DIVIDE mischief with renegades and then section out vigilantes and culprits. This will exercise the BEST of us! Or so we must try with our freedom within video games!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users