4 replies to this topic

#1 Luke P

Luke P

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:18 AM

Hey, I'm Luke, creator of Apocalypse Mod. Apocalypse mod was a server-side mod for L4D1 that changed gameplay and environments to create a different feel for the game. It was also mentioned on the L4D blog. You can check it out at http://apocalypsemod.com/ and http://steamcommunit...4DeadApocalypse.

For programming, I have a fair knowledge of C++ and a strong knowledge of the source engine. I also know php, perl, javascript, and other web languages, as well as sourcepawn, which is the scripting language used in SourceMod (for server side mods).

As for mapping, here's some screenshots of a L4D map I've been working on.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've also made some smaller HL2 standalone maps and concept CS:S maps. I can also do basic texture work, but I'm by no means a visual artist.

You can contact me by email (lucaspenney@gmail.com).

Thanks,
Luke

Edited by Luke P, 03 November 2011 - 07:55 AM.

#2 sotapoika

sotapoika

Level Designer/Moderator

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:33 AM

I'm gonna start with this: Areas where you can only see with flashlight are very bad for showing off your work, especially in Source where said feature makes things look extremely boring.

Also, your texturing isn't so good. For example, that big room has those wallpapers weirdly because there's trim, then wallpaper starts continuing up again. You should also take a second look at the spotlights you have in the beams, there are maybe too many of them.

Do you have anything more complete work and maybe a layout screenshots?

Oh and, the site you posted, sucks. It has huge full-screen popup on basically any link I click there.

Posted Image

- When there is No More Room In Hell, go find your place somewhere else. -

#3 Luke P

Luke P

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:04 AM

Oops! I didn't see that wall just had the wrong texture, and looks like it's slightly misaligned. Thanks for catching that!

Here's a hammer view of the map to give a better idea. It's a L4D survival map so there's no campaign type flow, just the building and exterior. Here's a hammer view I managed to dig up from an older screenshots folder. The structure and texturing of the garage and some other areas isn't complete here obviously, but you should get the idea.

Posted Image

The map isn't finished but it's all I really have to show at the moment for this type and style of map.

And my apologies about the popups, the site's been doing that but I believe I've fixed it now. I just wanted to link that for my programming work and some of the screenshots there.

#4 sotapoika

sotapoika

Level Designer/Moderator

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

Maybe you could actually make custom NMRiH map first, get it in good shape so we can have better insight of your skills. If it looks good, people like it and all that sort of stuff, it's all positive for you getting in the team and map(s) going official. How about that? :)

Utilize what we have currently released to make your map. We already have quite a nice library of custom props and other mapping stuff to create nice maps.

Posted Image

- When there is No More Room In Hell, go find your place somewhere else. -

#5 Paladin

Paladin

Games Tester

• Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:40 AM

We definitely need your programming help as well as the team only has one dedicated programmer.

34obzut.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users