#41 Dissident

Dissident

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:t

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

I get the feeling that I'd just end up living in one of the houses if I ever get to play this.

#42 Hypno Toad

Hypno Toad

Infected

• Real Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Interesting things

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

I dont know, its pretty hard to stay in one place because it starts to get eerie. There's a constant dead wind that is always whispering in the background.

This map is going to be terrifying when I'm running around trying to test the map with actual zombies, its creepy enough when it's empty :P

Edited by Hypno Toad, 05 March 2012 - 10:15 AM.

#43 Dissident

Dissident

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:t

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

Yeah, I've always had a place in my heart for buildings that I can go inside in maps like this.

#44 Hypno Toad

Hypno Toad

Infected

• Real Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

Yeah, I've always had a place in my heart for buildings that I can go inside in maps like this.

You're going to love the hotel then, all of the ten rooms are acessible, but most of them will probably be zombie spawns (perhaps containing supplies, also). Gonna call it quits for tonight, frankly the windy silence of the map as I walk around alone to test is starting to become really nerve racking, though that just might be because it's late. I finished up most of the town. As it stands now in the town there's a motor hotel (10 rooms) a gas station, a market, a auto mechanic garage, a forlorn house, and a hardware store. I just have the strip mall, the dispatch station (police/fire hybrid) and scrapyard to put in and I'm done with the town's structures.

here's a few more shots.. some new, and some misc stuff.

This is the "barred gate" objective at the market where you need to walk through the zombie infested surroundings and dislodge the gates.

Posted Image

The garage. Doors havn't been set up as objectives yet, but everything works.

Posted Image

Misc ~artistic~ shot

Posted Image

The hardware store

Posted Image

#45 Ghost Kage

Ghost Kage

Fresh Meat

• Real Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

Cannot wait for this map! It looks so good I wouldn't be suprised if it gets added to the Dev's next update! Keep it up Hypno!

By the way, if at some point you need beta testers let me know; I would be more than happy to help you run tests and look for bugs. I'm sure at some point you'll wanna test the map with multiple players. Again, it looks amazing, can't wait to play it! :D
Posted Image

#46 H.Drescher

H.Drescher

Fresh Meat

• Real Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

Yes, testing with different players...( OHDEAR GOD PUBLIC TESTING) Hopefully people won't complain that its too big like Sicily. Then again, completely different game. Also Hypno, since development is back on track I guess I'll hammer out another building for you and PM it over steam to you. Just remind me of the size limits and theme of them. Also, would you kindly update the OP?

#47 Maxx

Maxx

Project Lead

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

You should try and build it so some buildings including the motel were previously fortified and abandoned... sandbags, blood, and scattered supplies and stuff. Give it that nice survivalist feel. The atmosphere looks fantastic so far!

Like NMRiH? Add me on Facebook!
-- NMRiH Project Lead, Team Manager --
"less talk more getting naked" -- ssba
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 Disposable Henchman

Disposable Henchman

Replaceable

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  • Interests:Being Cannon Fodder

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

Dont do what maxx tells you to! He's just trying to throw you off so it never becomes official!
Posted Image

NMRiH isn't meant to be easy. It's meant to be an unforgiving punch to the dick.

#49 geared117

geared117

Reanimating

• Real Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Zombies, Mapping, Gaming.

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

I am pleased to see that there are other mappers hard at work. This is a very excellent map! You should give yourself a pat on the back for a good job so far!

#50 Ghost Kage

Ghost Kage

Fresh Meat

• Real Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:53 AM

Yeah, I was brainstorming today about what would be cool to see in your map, and I thought of the same thing as Maxx. You'll notice in The Walking Dead, you see a lot of different types of military vehicles; throughout the first season at least. You could put an area in the map where the military was overrun, have some bloody humvees, maybe even throw in some dead bodies (If thats possible to do, and won't hurt framerate or anything along those liness, I don't know if I've seen it in a map before.) But yeah, you could make an area where the military was attempting to either evacuate civilians, or shelter them. Maybe put a big zombie spawn point on that area. Another cool thing would be to make a building that is chained off, and it says "Dead Inside", and when you get close you hear zombies bashing on the door attempting to get out, like in the hospital scene of The Walking Dead, I thought that was pretty creepy.

Another idea I had for a mission, was when you reach a certain point, maybe reach an area where there are multiple buildings, the truck breaks down, and you discover that you need to find and replace the battery. The battery could be located in maybe a parked car, destroyed car in the road, or maybe in a nearby garage. Just an idea to create a hectic "unplanned for" situation. Instead of needing to do stuff to progress down the road, its an unplanned for disaster that your battery dies on the road, and the undead are shuffling toward your vehicle..
Posted Image

#51 Garbonzo

Garbonzo

Fresh Meat

• Real Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

If you need bits and pieces for your map, I got tons in my WIP nmo_middle_of_nowhere that I could donate, since this map seems to run circles around mine at the moment lol.

Also, thanks for the idea Ghost Kage

Edited by Garbonzo, 10 March 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#52 Hypno Toad

Hypno Toad

Infected

• Real Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:04 AM

I could take a look at it if you're willing to send me a vmf.

Just a bit of an update, my derilict computer is sort of on its last legs so I've bought a new computer, but it probably wont arrive for a bit. I'm laying off the map compiling/navmesh generating stuff until I've got the new computer set up.

#53 Abilities

Abilities

I like to build shit

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Interests:MF

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

UPDATES!?!? man this looks good

#54 Sydni

Sydni

Bullshit Member

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Interests:Not being on NMRih forums

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

holy shit

#55 billionlioe

billionlioe

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

Damn, this map looks incredibly promising! I really hope the creator is still working on this...Very talented / skilled mapper I must say!

5ev08fl20nmfuu76g.jpg

#56 FPM

FPM

(Fault-Prone Module)

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

UPDATES!?!? man this looks good

holy shit

Damn, this map looks incredibly promising! I really hope the creator is still working on this...Very talented / skilled mapper I must say!

The project is long dead. He stopped working on it, I don't think he's coming back... same story just like everyone's else out there.

http://www.youtube.c...otoad0/featured

#57 billionlioe

billionlioe

Zombie

• Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

The project is long dead. He stopped working on it, I don't think he's coming back... same just like everyone else out there.

http://www.youtube.c...otoad0/featured

Awwwww, I just discovered this and got so worked up:'( 

That Hypno Toad character is still an awesome mapper in my eyes ^_^

5ev08fl20nmfuu76g.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users