Jump to content


Photo

New Update, New Year


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Maxx

Maxx

    Project Lead

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,510 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, Canada
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:37 PM

and really impressive you built everything from scratch,but maybe you can base your models on existing models? ,I mean there are like thousands of source models on fpsbanana,does it require original files or something? it's not stealing if you just use it as foundations ,right :o ....

We would never do this, for a few reasons. We won't steal other people's work and we want to make the mod ours without cutting corners like that. I'm sure you understand.

abrams and bradley are nice but kinda weird looking, idk why ,been playing bf2:pr for years I know what military vehicles look like =D

Yes they are not perfect but they are exactly what we need and they are only decorations for the streets.


Like NMRiH? Add me on Facebook!
-- NMRiH Project Lead, Team Manager --
"less talk more getting naked" -- ssba
Posted Image
Posted Image


#22 eyefunk

eyefunk

    Reanimating

  • Real Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:55 AM

Well for l4d, you can't make mods for it, they just released the map SDK?


No, they released the full source code and mapping capabilities for developers to use. Some mods are already being created, go check Moddb.
I fail at signatures.

#23 The Reverend

The Reverend

    NMRiH's Bad Joke

  • Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:32 AM

All I see are campaigns with limited modding such as barricades, etc...

#24 eyefunk

eyefunk

    Reanimating

  • Real Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:17 AM

D: well then read what Valve said about Alien Swarm. It really doesn't matter, the team isn't going to change engines.
I fail at signatures.

#25 RoboTyphoon

RoboTyphoon

    Zombie

  • Zombies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:06 AM

Well, I don't want to sound too upbeat here, but I think this would be terrible on the Alien Swarm engine, in my eyes. ;D

#26 Maxx

Maxx

    Project Lead

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,510 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, Canada
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:34 PM

Well, I don't want to sound too upbeat here, but I think this would be terrible on the Alien Swarm engine, in my eyes. ;D

I think you misunderstand. Not that we would port NMRiH to Alien Swarm to be LIKE the game Alien Swarm, we're only talking about the engine itself. The Alien Swarm engine is this bizarre hybrid of the L4D2 and Portal 2 versions of the Source engine and would have some things that would benefit NMRiH, though we have ruled against this so it is a non-issue at this point.


Like NMRiH? Add me on Facebook!
-- NMRiH Project Lead, Team Manager --
"less talk more getting naked" -- ssba
Posted Image
Posted Image


#27 Shicken

Shicken

    Decaying

  • Zombies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London
  • Interests:I Love a Rainy Night

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

We would never do this, for a few reasons. We won't steal other people's work and we want to make the mod ours without cutting corners like that. I'm sure you understand.

Brilliant, It bugs me when people make a "total conversion" mod or something and 99% of things are lifted directly from HL2 and the other 1% are shoddy reskins.
I salute you for going the whole hog

"Stepped on something soft and wobbly, Struck a match, found it was a dead Chinaman."


#28 Dr.D-ray

Dr.D-ray

    Infected

  • Real Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:11 AM

Looking great! Keep it up! :D
Excuse my bad Engrish.

#29 Panuchka

Panuchka

    Fresh Meat

  • Real Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

Great update! I really like the inventory system and the props. Good job everyone :)

Ja Sotapoika, hyvää työtä myös Chinatownin suhteen! ;)

#30 sotapoika

sotapoika

    Level Designer/Moderator

  • Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Finland

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

Great update! I really like the inventory system and the props. Good job everyone :)

Ja Sotapoika, hyvää työtä myös Chinatownin suhteen! ;)


Thanks, :)

Posted Image

- When there is No More Room In Hell, go find your place somewhere else. -





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users